Tuesday, February 16, 2010

standing on the teeth of the internet

i had a conversation with a friend of mine recently, and it went like this:

me: "dude, do you read 4chan?"
friend: "yes, totally."
me: "it's great, it's like the raw ingredients of some kind of cultural stew."
friend: "I like to think of it as, standing on the teeth of the internet and basking in its drool and projectile vomit."
me: "hmmm. you're right. but sometimes, it vomits beauty or comedic gold."

we nod.

but most of my friends, especially the ones who are in their mid to late 20s and who plan on living lives in line with most of society can't really stomach the site. truth be told, sometimes it bothers me too, but i definitely think there is something beautiful there.

one of the features of 4chan, and part of what makes it so emotionally raw is that it's completely anonymous and also does not keep record of anything... once a thread disappears, it's gone forever.

so this is a blog, which i've started to keep track of those undigested bits of corn that somehow moves me in one way or another and to present it to you, whomever you might be that can't stomach it.

No comments:

Post a Comment